Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nelson!

I am holidaying in Nelson for the next week, and have been delighted to explore new op shops in search of the perfect picture books, fabrics and maps to upcycle into bell.n.whistle's.




Yesterday I found the gorgeous map pictured above. Its of Moscow and Northern Europe, printed in a bold red and peppermint green that work really well together. I am also amazed at the web of roads that become a pattern as they are so evenly spaced.

I think this may become a poster for my wall however, I cant bring myself to cut it up...

My other find was a gorgeous old annual, some of my favourite pictures shown below:



It has small pictures bordering some of the pages as shown below which I would like to make into stickers, along with the other illustrations that wont quite work as badges.


I love how warm it is up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment